Mixtape: Forsooth, Baby


This mix started out as probably my sixth or seventh stab at a Canterbury-style prog mixtape, but I decided to drop that limitation (there's only so many incontinent woodwinds the human ear can tolerate) and stretch it to include late-era psychedelic pop and the whole of European prog rock. The first hour has pop-sized obscurities with bite, and the second hour is something of a cooling-off session with longer bits of prog and experimental. It's reminiscent of Sincerely Yours, Sunbrite, which is still my most popular mixtape (I promise the sequel is coming). If I may be so blustery, Forsooth, Baby is one of the greatest mixtapes I've ever done. Like, in-the-time-capsule-next-to-the-fidget-spinner great. Have at it.


Tracklist:
Granny Gets the Point
The Nice - Thoughts of Emerlist Davjack
Patto - Hold Me Back
Slapp Happy - The Drum
Woody Kern - Xoanan Bay
Quatrain - Fields of Love
That Girl's Certainly Learned to Dig Advanced Mathematics
The Paupers - Think I Care
Jody Grind - Little Message
The Gods - Lovely Anita
Clouds - Watercolour Days
Wild Silk - Toymaker
Bob the Prospect Has Taken the Van
Kevin Ayers - Song From the Bottom of a Well
The Racket Squad - The Loser
Tucker Zimmerman - A Face That Hasn't Sold Out
Gash - A Young Man's Gash (Part II)
The Old Bags
Greenslade - Bedside Manners Are Extra
Supersister - She Was Naked
Yggdrasil - I'm Getting Old
Art Bears - The Song of Investment Capital Overseas
Caravan - Aristocracy
Rare Bird - Sympathy
Peter Hammill - The Institute of Mental Health, Burning
Soft Heap - Short Hand
Area - Hommage á Violette Noziéres
Faust - Jennifer
The Savage Rose - Tarantula
Robert Wyatt - At Last I Am Free


Comments